Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Reading List

Reader,

This post is going to be short!  This post is where I unveil my 2013 reading list for my 52 books in 52 weeks goal.

I've been asked how I came up with this goal.  I can't pass up an opportunity to tell a story!

When I was in the Navy, my at-sea routine included a lot of reading.  One year I was able to read over 70 books!  Since then I have made several half-assed attempts to read 100 books in a year.  I made the mistake of not having a plan, and not tracking my progress.  The year I read 70+ books was the closest I came to having an organized goal; I kept track via sticky notes and other terribly inefficient methods.  This year, I knew reading 100 books was not realistic-- I'm starting many new activities and am not willing to put in that many hours per day reading.  I used Chris Guillebeau's goal setting template, which you can find here. When I read his post with examples of his goals, I noted one of his goals for 2008 was to read 52 books.  Challenge accepted!

Now that credit has been given where it's due, in no particular order, here's my 2013 reading list!
Titles with an asterisk are books in the bibliography included in What Dreams May Come

Title Author
7 Habits of Highly Effective People Stephen Covey
$100 startup Chris Guillebeau
Autobiography of a Yogi Paramahansa Yogananda
Slaughterhouse Five Kurt Vonnegut
Madmen & Martyrs Glenn Parkhurst
The Secret Teachings of Plants Harold Bruhner
Sex and the Intelligence of the Heart Julie McIntyre
Renaissance Soul Margaret Lobenstine
The Holy or the Broken Alan Light
It Can't Happen Here Sinclair Lewis
Freakanomics Steven Levitt
Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers Mary Roach
Joseph Anton: A Memoir Salman Rushdie
The Way of the Wizard Deepak Chopra
Equations of Eternity David Darling
The Holographic Universe Michael Talbot
Jennifer Government Max Barry
Stranger in a Strange Land Robert Heinlein
Cryptonomicon Neal Stephenson
The Stranger Albert Camus
The Art of Racing in the Rain Garth Stein
Lamb Christopher Moore
*Your Psychic Powers and Immortality John Appleman
*Reincarnation and the Law of Karma WW Atkinson
*The Other Side of Death Raymond Bayless
*Apparitions and Survival of Death Raymond Bayless
*Life in the World Unseen Anthony Borgia
*More About Life in the World Unseen Anthony Borgia
*Here and the Hereafter Anthony Borgia
*In Silence They Return Judy Boss
*Incarnation W Brandon
*Love in the Afterlife W Brandon
*We Knew These Men W Brandon
*Open the Door W Brandon
*Unfinished Symphonies R Brown
*Life After Death Hugh Lynn Cayce
*Men in White Apparel Anne Ree Colton
*The New Revelation Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
*Intimations of Immortality Robert Crookall
*The Next World and the Next Robert Crookall
*Incarnation and Reincarnation Dr. John C Daniels
*Glimpses of the Beyond J B Delacour
*You Can Speak With Your Dead Shaw Desmond
*Spirit World and Spirit Life C Dresser
*They Knew the Unknown Martin Ebon
*The Tibetan Book of the Dead W Y Evans-Wentz
*When We Die Geoffrey Farthing
*On the Edge of the etheric Arthur Findlay
*The Way of Life: A Guide to the Etheric World Arthur Findlay
*The Life Beyond Death Arthur Ford
*Unknown But Known Arthur Ford
*Through the Gates of Death Deon Fortune

As I finish these, I'll cross them off and include a date completed.  I look forward to sharing this journey with you, Reader!

Until Next!


2 comments:

pixiekhatt said...

I am hurt beyond words (get it, because.. books.. are full of... words...) that you didn't pick my book suggestion! Right to the core. ^_~

Seriously though, that's a lot of books to read!

Mel L said...

It was hard cutting books off of the list! I did keep track of all of the recommendations for possible inclusion next year. Also, I *may* finish my books early!