Thursday, May 10, 2012

Apparently nothing is original anymore..

Hello, Reader,

It has come to my attention that there is another blog called Melephant's Musings.  Wasn't my intention to step on any toes..  elephantine or otherwise.  Really, the way it came to my attention was through my own curiosity of whether my blog would come up if I searched for it with my Google machine.  Turns out it does come up, and so does the other one.  At least so far, I'm not getting any hate mail or anything.

On to what this post is actually about.  Alphabet Stories!!!

Write a story, 26 words long, starting with a word that starts with A, then B, and so on.  It's effing rad and very difficult.  I'll start.  I expect any wayward readers to provide a response (even just an attempt) in the comments section!

(throat clearing noise)

Another bleak, cloudy day.  Every forecast, gloomy.  How is joy killed!  Lasting melancholy, no one providing quick release.  Sigh.  The ugly vistas whirl.  Xanax!  You're zen...

So, that ended up being kind of depressing, and more of a badly formed poem than a story..  But try it out!  It's very fun, and quite challenging.  Maybe next time I'll write alliterative allegories...

Until Next!